Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nugget shooting a little crystaline gold

Reno Chris

Some of you guys know a few weeks ago I was headed to Alaska to do some prospecting at Moore Creek. Some unforseen things came up and I made the decision that it would be best to put it off to next year.

I had scheduled some time off, so I took a day and went for a 3 day trip to do some prospecting - not Alaska, but still some time in the boonies to do a little metal detecting. I ended up with 4 pieces, total weight of 3/4 ounce, including one piece just a hair under a half ounce (9.8 dwt). Pretty country and nice weather this time of year, just too bad I couldn't stay longer.

The two pieces on the left have a definite crystal character - but it does not show so well in the photo as none of them have had a bath yet. Still pretty just as they came from the ground.

Not Alaska, but a darn good trip anyway. My wife says its my consolation prize for missing the Alaska trip.

Chris

That is some real nice stuff. May not be Alaska but when you can pull gold like that close to home that is worth something. I hope you can get a bunch more, that is some real pretty gold.
-Joe

Gold is Gold no matter where one finds it and a bad day detecting is better than a good day at work, nice going Chris.
Allen in MT

Thanks Allen. I'm going to head back out there one of these days here before the weather turns so I can see if this spot was a fluke or what potential it really has.

Chris