Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nulling:ausflag:

Hungry

I am looking for suggestions to a problem. A beach I go to has a long concrete wall at the back of it, and is full of reo, you can't get any closer than 2 feet to it, as the detector just nulls. Will going into iron mask, and raising the level, stop the nulling. I am open to suggestions.:surrender:

Your situation will be a good test of the E-Trac's ability to handle iron and still find coins. What you are calling reo we call rebar here in the states. First switching to ironmask and raising the level will only make the detector null more. What I would try would be hunting in the Jewelry Mode and if anything lowering the Sensitivity a little. We have heard from people and seen videos of how the E-Trac can detect coins when they are surrounded by iron and I have found coins when they are above the iron. So since the iron you are talking about will be off to the side of the coil I would think that even though the E_Trac is nulling it should still be able to detect coins and jewelry until you get close to the wall where the iron may just overwhelm the machine. It should be a good test to see how close you can hunt to that wall and still find targets. JMHO

HH

Beachcomber

It may not be a "off to the side issue". It's possible that there is a footing under the sand which extends outward.

HH
BarnacleBill

That is true. I was taking it at face value that it was just a wall and did not extend out into the beach.

HH

Beachcomber

Thanks everyone that replied , I don't have a small coil, but that sounds a good idea, sure would get closer than my 15" WOT:clap: