Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NYS National Guard Pendant

osgood

You can read what it is associated with in the title. Cant find it on line. Is this part of a metal, a pendant, a necklace? why is there 2 eyes for a chain hookup? Thanks CO
NYNG combo 3.jpg

Google " vintage national guard pendant state of ny" look at images. Seems to be NG marksmanship ladder badge 1890-92 :thumbup:
Good find!!! Sorry just found it could be older check it out.

Good call on the ladder badge design. As one received an award and later made the next step up in that discipline then a small chain link was used to attach it to the one above. Since this one has no loops on the bottom it is probably the highest medal achieved.

Google " vintage national guard pendant state of ny" look at images. Seems to be NG marksmanship ladder badge 1890-92 :thumbup:
Good find!!! Sorry just found it could be older check it out.

il_570xN.1898095070_gjww.jpg

Thanks Steve I'm not smart enough yet to get the images in here!! I did see one of those w/1875-6-7 also.:sadwalk:

Vintage New York National Guard 1875-1876 Tiffany & Co. Medal Badge NYC NY  | eBay
Hey okierebel, Guvner and the tech boys on the forum have done an excellent job, especially for posting pics on the forum... one of the easiest ways of doing it is clicking on a pic on another webpage and just dragging it into your post here on the Whatzit forum and it will magically appear! Found this pic you were talking about in a google image search, dragged it over and wiz bang, just like that! Try a few and you'll get a the hang of it in no time... Some pics on websites won't do this, but most from google will. Nice catch with the laddered marksman badge! :thumbup:

Thanks so much, Steve!! So start my post then minimize it and go find my pic to drag, correct? Sorry I work well
with wood, steel and mechanics but not the infernal computer. I enjoy figuring out what I and others find I can't stand
not knowing!

like wood, steel and mechanics, okierebel, the only way is to mess around and do it, see what works and what don't. Another way to post pics, is to hit that little button below, "Attach files" and use the dialogue box that opens to find and select a jpg pic on your computer and then click the "Open" button and it will put it in your message. If you put the pics you want to post in a folder in a place that's easy to find again on your computer, it will make it easier when doing it. Also, if you put several pics together in the same folder on your computer, you can select up to 5 or 6 of them at the same time and they will all be brought in together and show up in your post. Mess with it a bit, and you'll get the hang of it.

Thanks for replying Steve! No problem with my own pics. I'll try the drag and drop, Much appreciated!!

All good , osgood! Mr. Steve helped out with the images! Nice find by the way:thumbup::thumbup: