Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

O.M.G. look what I found!

Congratulations on your great find!

So nice you and your brother enjoy the wonderful hobby of metal detecting together.

I grew up in WV in the 40's and 50's and I do not recall even seeing a silver half until some time in the mid 50's. That is an outstanding Find. Persistence pays. Congratulations.

GeorgeinSC said:
I grew up in WV in the 40's and 50's and I do not recall even seeing a silver half until some time in the mid 50's. That is an outstanding Find. Persistence pays. Congratulations.
I was born and raised here in WV and like you I didn't see to many halve dollars around of any type and definitely not any barber halves.
This was my best find ever and I'll probably never beat it, that was definitely s great day for me.

still looking 52 said:
I was born and raised here in WV and like you I didn't see to many halve dollars around of any type and definitely not any barber halves.
This was my best find ever and I'll probably never beat it, that was definitely s great day for me.

Silly boy....
In Kansas people were just tripping over silver dollars before I left, for awhile there many from all around the state seemed like they were just kicking over rocks and found them...but I never did.
Then I moved back to Bama where previously all I ever found were few rare silver dimes so I thought my chances were nil.
One day, when I least expected it, in a hunted out park I found a Peace dollar.
Since then silver quarters and halves showed up too and even an 1875 dime from an area where there wasn't even neighborhoods or any civilization to speak of until the mid 1920's.

If that coin was lost there the I would never consider that the best you might ever find, in my mind the possibilities are endless.