Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

? O-Ring Lube placed on Alkaline Battery o-ring pack of Excal ll ?

stemp

Got a used alkaline battery pack, I'm assuming to put o-ring lube on o-ring to keep watertight?
Anyone use it.
Thanks,
stemp

stemp said:
Got a used alkaline battery pack, I'm assuming to put o-ring lube on o-ring to keep watertight?
Anyone use it.
Thanks,
stemp
Yep, I use Dow 111 Silicone Compound on my :minelab: o-rings
6Y762_AS01

I hightly suggest a Maxxpack rechargable battery pack so you arent taking that cap off as often. I just use plumbers grease. Putting the cap on you should almost have to hold it in place to keep it from pushing its self back off from the pressure inside........ if not change the O ring or seal the crack really well.

Dew

I don't know the exact size o-ring to replace it with. I have rechargeable eneloops to use, for batteries. Would I be getting new o-rings from a dive shop. There is pressure in closing up the case.
Thanks,
joe.

With a maxxpac once in u wont have to open the cap again to recharge it. Check a hardware store for O rings... just dont go smaller than you have. The fewer times u open/expose the inside of the tube the better.

Dew

Hi, Silicone Grease 50gm for seals & lubricates O ring Underwater metal detectors, Underwater Cameras, Underwater Camcorders, Car, Underwater Flashlight .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252036435664