Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

O8's stock coil question.

Dang

Last yr i traded for a Omega that was bouncing in and out of the classified sections of various MD Forum. I was able to trake it from one owner to another by rrserching the sellers. somewhere along its jouneys somebody swapped its original stock coil for a cors 8.5x12 DD coil. i also got a 8" round concentric for it.
my question is should i try to find the original 11in. concentric that would come with the Omega? is it a good coil?

I liked it a lot on my F5. I'm not sure I tried it on the Omega I had for a short while though but performance should be just about the same.Pinpoints and ID's with absolute precision. In my ground, Fisher/Tek's 11 DD was definitely deeper but not as precise when it came to pinpointing. Of course, bottle caps were never an issue with the concentric which was a major plus in some areas. So yes, it is a good coil.

As a ardent old coin hunter, the stock 10" concentric almost never comes off my Omega. It has nice depth and you would be surprised, maybe amazed, how well it does in trash. HH jim tn

Another long time Omega user. I find the stock concentric coil is perfectly matched to the detector. I sometimes swap to the 5"DD in extreme trash sites, but generally speaking, the stock coil separates very well and has good depth.

Dang, try working with that 8" round concentric you've got for a while. The 8000 goes surprisingly deep with that coil and less EMI than the bigger DDs.