Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Observation on the Eurotek Pro.

Some people would not even consider buying the Eurotek Pro just because of the cheap price and they would consider it a toy compared to some of the more expensive detectors. From what I have experienced air testing the Eurotek Pro, I believe they would be wrong. It air test very well with both coins and relics. I would have no problem using it as a back up detector to my F75 or my G2. I am even going to try it as my main detector at a spot that has been hit hard over the years. A word to the eise, just because a detector doesn't cost an arm and a leg, doesn't mean that it isn't a good machine.

I've had one since they first hit the market and can honestly say I really like the iron audio feature. It is my backup to the F75 and I hunt with it as comparisons many times in the last several months. Depth is not the most important factor for my area so it fits in quite well. Being less expensive has nothing to do with this detector. You actually get more for you money.

I wouldn't know how good it was, mine was a "Dud" right out of the box :rage: It powered up for 2 minutes then shut down showing low battery life, Tried another fresh battery and all it did was the same thing. Re-checked both my batteries with my battery checker that puts a load on them, they both read high good on the meter. So I know the batteries were good. For the price I paid and all the hassles it would cause me to send it back for repairs it's not worth it. Just chocked it up to another poor quality control checked item from 1st Texas. Not the first product I have had problems with on this manufacture getting angry with the shoddy quality control. Thinking about dropping this line and checking out the other brands more closely. Been a proud Fisher owner since 1980's and have some Gold Bugs no problems but did run into issues with Tek Delta's, Omegas and now this Euro Pro. I live North of the Mason - Dixon line and courier companies or border ups like to charge us brokerage fees for nothing, just because they can get away with it. I have had my fill with these guys over the years so sending any detector back for repairs is out of the question and not worth the extra money spent!

G.L with yours though I hope you have more success than I have with mine!

A1MTD
I'AM CANADIAN! ( Beer Commercial)

A1MTD
You ought to call and see if you can get free shipping. Its all warranty work.

HH
Mike

I took the Eurotek Pro out today to a spot that has been hunted for more than thirty years. At first I wasn't sure if I made the right decision on which detector to use. My buddies took their F75 and T2. Both of them founds relics and I was becoming upset that I hadn't found anything yet. But I thought, how are you going to know how one machine compares to the other ones unless you try it out. Needless to say, I finally found two minnie balls. I'm not saying that it is just as good as the high dollar machines but for a place that has been hunted as hard as this place has, it held it's on.

I can assure you the company will make it right, give them a call anyway. Unplug the coil and see if it still shuts down. If it does you could just send the control box back. They'll make it right.

A1MTD said:
I wouldn't know how good it was, mine was a "Dud" right out of the box :rage: It powered up for 2 minutes then shut down showing low battery life, Tried another fresh battery and all it did was the same thing. Re-checked both my batteries with my battery checker that puts a load on them, they both read high good on the meter. So I know the batteries were good. For the price I paid and all the hassles it would cause me to send it back for repairs it's not worth it. Just chocked it up to another poor quality control checked item from 1st Texas. Not the first product I have had problems with on this manufacture getting angry with the shoddy quality control. Thinking about dropping this line and checking out the other brands more closely. Been a proud Fisher owner since 1980's and have some Gold Bugs no problems but did run into issues with Tek Delta's, Omegas and now this Euro Pro. I live North of the Mason - Dixon line and courier companies or border ups like to charge us brokerage fees for nothing, just because they can get away with it. I have had my fill with these guys over the years so sending any detector back for repairs is out of the question and not worth the extra money spent!

A1MTD

markg said:
I can assure you the company will make it right, give them a call anyway. Unplug the coil and see if it still shuts down. If it does you could just send the control box back. They'll make it right.

A1MTD said:

A1MTD
I had a issue with my Eurotek Pro and First Texas took good care of me, Felix is top notch in my book.

Yes CALL and talk to Felix. He can give you a RA number and tell you what to send or try before sending. Do it!
Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Thanks for support guys sorry have been very ill lately and not felt like surfing the net thanks for the encouragement I will give Felix a call and see what he can do, will try the box without coil as well see what the deal is, maybe like said may not have to send full boxed item.
Thanks I guess worth a try anyway.
A1MTD