Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Observations from the Detecting Grinch

dirtfisher

:whites::garrett::fisher::tesoro::bounty::compass::minelab:
Hello fellow detectorists! What in the :rant:is going on in the metal detector industry right now? The newest models are not impressive at all! :angry:My wife calls me the Grinch so here goes my end of the year observations: Whites Prisms and Matrix..right idea, wrong frequency, cant use old coils. A Bounty Hunter will do all the Prism does at half the price.:huh: And where did all the cool old names go? Like Pro, Eagle, American, Patriot, etc. The newest Whites is a Matrix M6:confused: My question is WHY? Prism and Matrix remind me of the old cars I used to drive in high school (Gremlin, Pacer, Nova,). Next is Garrett. All I can say is I dont want a unit that looks like a weedwacker. They also lack depth. Next is Fisher. Why did they get away from the 1200 series? The newest units all look alike and digital numerical readout is not a new concept. And names like Excel and Edge are not that cool. Now, Tesoro. The only thing they have going for them is their weight. Big deal. All manufacturers now are making lightweight units. And I like AMERICAN sounding names for my units. Next is Bounty Hunter, great technology, poor quality and looks like a muffler on a stick. Now Compass. Good detectors, they just need to build up the company again. Minelab: Way too expensive, but good machines. Now Troy: Ditto same as Minelab. So Bah Humbug!:rofl:

the Matador.. I "almost" bought one of those. What the heck was I thinking. :lol:

What gets me going is that the new so called "mid priced detectors" now cost upwards of $600.00 or more.

Merry Christmas Grinch!

Tom

[attachment 13563 bondmatador.jpg]!

Yew bout a picky ol' devvil, I don't pay no tenchun to the name, i buy em cause i like the color :detecting::compass::garrett::minelab::bounty::fisher::tesoro::crazy::detecting: Don't matter how they werk long's they purty:spin:

Your suffering from glossy page syndrome. Why no mention of the new Wilson or Discovery machines ? Or look abroad to the latest Pulsepower Developments P.I.'s or XP machines that have fantastic depth, build quality, light weight, choice of frequencies etc, think Troy Shadow and add switchable tone discrimination.
You won't get American names but theres 40 odd detector manufacturers in the world producing great machines and innovating. Its just people want a brand name even if its not really the best, and glossy ads sell.

I have some neat stuff in the Searcher, and Treasure Hunting magizines, bout everything over here gets modified with decals to make them better, that and shiny colors:detecting::ninja::usmc::usaflag:

Bold New Graphics :(