Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Odd Eagle Button

fyrffytr1

Can anyone tell me what eagle button this is? it is 15mm. I have never seen one with 12 stars above the eagle's head. I have been told it may be from a kepi and from the 1870-1900 time period but I can't find another one like it.

20220921_224945-jpg.2047543

20220921_225029-jpg.2047544

I 'm sorry I don't have a button reference book to help with the ID, but that is a cool Artillery button. I'm sure someone here will know. Congrat's on a cool button. Did you dig this? It looks to be in very good shape.

There were many tin back buttons produced without backmarks. Not knowing what it is I can't rule out a fantasy or reproduction button.
I know squat about squat, and not a pro ID on anything. Noted by you, I couldn't find anything in a search either, but google just isn't the same anymore, all add and buying stuff. The back struck me odd, and the the stars above the eagle seems odd, and had just never seen it before.

I have contacted three reputable dealers but have yet to hear back from them. Someone else pointed out the fact that the arrows point down, something I didn't notice. And here are a little better pictures of the button. Heck. it may even be a foreign button.

20220926_175032.jpg
20220926_175047.jpg

Don Troiani replied that he did not know what it is, but he deals mostly in revolutionary war period stuff. I did have someone tell me it is most likely a epaulet button from the last half of the 19th century. That would explain the tin back as this button would have been stationary and not buttoned or unbuttoned.