Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Odd finds

Itsjustagreat1

Went out about 8 miles from town today to a spot that has lots of history. There is a creek running down the middle of the pasture and on the south i have found a campsite with eagle buttons, bullets, ration cans and other things. On the north west side i found dugouts in the side of the creek banks. I have found hundreds of old bullet casings around these dugouts and also eagle buttons and saddle pieces and 1871 nickel, railroad spikes among other things. The land owner has found many indian artifacts in the same area. I searched these spots a little then made my way down the creek to an area that i found a ruby brooch a year ago. Its about 300 yds east of the dugouts. Today i started finding lots of old square nails and then found another dugout all by itself. Hunted around it for 20 min and found the garter clip. And then the other piece which looks to be a broken candle holder. Wish i knew why these are in this spot. Also found railroad spikes here as well. There were indian raids when the railroad was built a mile away so im guessing this area is where they camped but not sure why im finding womens stuff here. Very interesting

From many written accounts it was not unusual for women to follow an encampment. Many were wives who accompanied to wash cook and care for the sick and wounded. Less of an issue then what you might think.