Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Odd signal leads to silver!

Ted S

We finally had a good day to go detecting yesterday. We went to a fairgrounds but were limited to hunting only part of it due to a cattle show going on. I only got some clad and an old rusty padlock. My partner didn't do any better. Since we was about 20 miles from home, I said we should hunt an old church that I knew of. So we stopped and proceeded to hunt. I was getting a bit of clad and got a strange signal. It was a good high tone but didn't repeat like you want to hear. The sun was bright so I couldn't see the screen very well but it was bouncing from 23-28 on the ID. I always investigate these signals so I dug down about 7" and pulled out a 5" long rusty nail. Crap! I stuck my TRX pinpointer in the hole and it was going off pretty strong. I pulled out another handful of dirt and caught a glimpse of silver! It turned out to be a 1935 mercury dime in fair condition. We hunted another hour and I got another strange signal. It was a high tone but it was breaking up a bit. This one was also 7 inches or a bit more. The first thing that came out was a St. Christopher medal that was rough looking. The probe indicated another target and it turned out to be a 1943 mercury dime. As I am getting better with the 600 I can't wait until fall! So always investigate those weird signals! You might find something good! HH! Ted

Thanks Jeff! I set a goal of 30 silver coins for the year and I think I am almost half way there! :clap:

I always find that silver does give an odd signal and sometimes nearly sings to you.

Have to dig those not so clean signals it pays you should see my shovel 1.5 years old almost worn out from digging!
Mark

You bet! I am learning more about the Equinox! I did some quick research and will go back!