Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Odd

TURNMASTER

OK so I hit a house that just opened up. I hunted for around 4 hours. Dug 37 pennies, 2 dimes and 2 quarters, not a single wheat, and still hit 2 Mercs. Go figure. I was running the 10.5 MF DD and skipped some real iffy signals as being iron and the trash was heavy. Boy I wish there was a small DD in the 7.5 or 3 khz range, Coiltek are ya listening. One day maybe.

1st silver of the year, comes on 2nd hunt.

[attachment 225321 37.jpg][attachment 225322 37a.jpg]

Jeff

Is this YOUR place to hunt? No time limit?

If so, I suggest turning your sensitivity down. WAY down. Like 10-15. Do everything...twice...perpendicular. Then crank up the sensitivity to 15-20...do it again. THEN try a different coil...do it all over. You get the idea. Depends on time allowed. I wish I could have done that and more on the sidewalk tear-out last summer. BUT...I did what I could in the time I had.

If you don't have a lot of time...stick with that coil....hit it from all angles. If time...change coils and do it all over.

Personally...I love my 10.5 MF DD coil. I trust it first. (note...I didn't say best, I said first.)

I usually find more wheats before the silver also! Atleast you found the better of the two! Congrats!

Snow just left here in Wa.

MT VertCaver, No not exactly mine butI am going to try to get back in once or twice more. Work the fences and hit it perpendicular with the same coil or the 6' DD. Those Mercs look brand new. Also I just got permission to hunt an older place that is about 3/4 of an acre. That one will be all mine. I am going to see if my dad wants to hunt it with me. We do not spend much time together (never did) and he bought a Landstar the year before last, thinking he would want to do some hunting after he retired. I think I will take one of my extra machines so I can set him up if he can not figure out how the BH works.

Jeff

Nice Mercs!
And I don't find it that strange. I've dug a place that I got two silver dimes ('40 Merc & '48 Rosie), where I only got one Wheat, and of course other Mems and clad.

Don't feel at all alone in your wish that someone would make more coil configurations available. The folks at MineLab are probably sick of my e-mails by now.

yep that is odd to find 3 silver coins and no wheat's, you should of found at least 15 wheat's but hey I would take that any day, lol

Congrat's on the nice finds

Mark, ain't seen ya in here for a while good to hear from ya. Coiltek is the best bet for more coils, I think.

Jeff