Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Off and On like Grilled Scallops

cwilk

Off and on. Hot and cold. This is the third weekend in a row that I went three days in a row.

Saturday. Lots of coins including a Sac. Small sterling ring. Junk ring. Dolphin chain (junk). Panda fob (junk). Here's a photo:

[attachment 318276 082215-1.JPG]

Sunday. Today. Lots of coins and not much else. This amount of clad would have taken me around 3 hours a few years ago. Today it was more like 5. Out of practice, for sure, at least that is what my aching body is telling me. The penny souvenir thing is from the Bronx Zoo:

[attachment 318277 082315-1.JPG]

Getting close to a milestone that I should have hit in 2012, which is when I got lazy. I'd like to do it before I turn 50 which is FAST approaching. Thinking of a BIG hunt for next weekend. I say ON!

Chris

Dig! Dig! Dig! :hot: That's the spirit! All it took was a silver ring in a football field to set me off, now I have dug more silver in the last few weeks than I ever have before, and about 150 dollars in clad. My legs have been sore for weeks and I've got at least 20 bugbites on my legs. WORTH IT. I'll be digging right up until the first day of classes again.

I went detecting with a guy who has the fever. I kept telling him I was like that once. Yep, I went out today too so maybe I'm out of remission. Merely 52 clad coins but it is beginning to add up again and my coffee can is overflowing! I think I'll hit some of my old silver sites this weekend and see what comes out of the ground. Two weeks ago it was my thighs. Last week my feet. Today it's my thighs that are screaming stop. On the bright side it is taking less time to mend. Sounds like you've had a swell two months. Photos? Good hunting!

Chris

Glad you are having such great hunts ! Keep up the great work !