Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Off Topic, but I have a question

Allen in MT

How does one get a free credit report without giving a credit card number, Thought I would check my credit score, but found that I have to order it and pay with a credit card which gives me a 30 day free trial and then will be charged per month unless I call during the 30 day period and cancel, which can be a chore in it's self. I don't owe anybody a dime, everythings paid for, never been late with a payment, never paid interest on CC and don't owe any loans, so I want to see my credit score out of curiousity. Anyplace to get this report FREE??
HAGD
Allen in MT

Allen,
I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but a year ago I had identity theft and of course was concerned with what was going on with my credit report because of it. In the end, after trying a huge amount of "free credit report" companies, I joined Equafax, and pay a (relatively small), yearly fee.

I like how they operate; if you have a change in your credit, or a credit card application is applied for in your name, they notify you right away. They also notify me every once in awhile with an email entitled "no news is good news" to report that my credit report has had no activity during the interviening period since their last email.

but I didn't find any freebies no matter what the slug line on the site said...

fwiw.

Yeah all of those FREE CREDIT report things are sort of a scam.

I too wondered what my FICO (is that what they call it??) score was.

850 is the highest. Anything in the 700's is considered excellent.

Well, I recently bought a new van and financed it. Apparently your credit score determines how good of a interest rate you get. So the car dealership ran a credit report on me.

I asked if I could see it, because I told them I had no idea what my credit score was. The salesmanager laughed and said, "Hey, this is the highest score I have ever seen! You must have never been later on a bill in your life." I said, "That's right ! I never have been late on a bill!"

He handed me the credit report printout and my credit score was 830.

I said, "So that's not too bad!"

He said, "Are you kidding? We have people that come in here wanting to finance cars and they have credit scores of 170 ! It makes us want to laugh and say, "You are kidding right?"

If you have a friend that sells furniture or jewelry, or is in banking or something where financing is generally involved, they may look up your credit score for you for free as a courtesy."

Take care!

DOC