Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Official

Sleepyjim

Check it:

http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/blog/deus-product-information-and-news/

We are proud to announce some new accessories and software for XP DEUS which will be available on the market in a few months. They will be demonstrated at the XP European Rally in the UK which takes place on 17-18th of September, and also at the Exhibition for Metal Detection which will take place in Paris on the 8-9th of October 2016.

New! PINPOINTER XP MI-6
New! Optional 22.5cm (9inch) search coil operating at high frequencies
New! Optional ELLIPTICAL search coil operating at high frequencies
New! V4.0 software FREE to download
New! Software application Go Detect

Official like and all........

Jim

Same old , same old , still no prices.
I suppose they will have another rally in the Spring to announce the costs.

Here's a video of the pinpointer http://md-hunter.com/xp-mi-6-pinpointer-first-photo-new-2016/#more-8421

LOL we are the unhealthy skinny dude with that weird chalky white white stuff around our lips, banging on an imaginary door looking for our fix........

Just gotta get right......

All they do is make it beep, wow and I thought they knew how to tempt us with maybe getting a target in a plastic bowl of bad soil with a coin at the bottom at about 6 inches. It beeps big deal. Lets start to get us excited now but as far as I can see I'll be saving my money until it shows ID numbers on the Deus they are an advanced company that seems to be taking baby steps after releasing a great unit. If your a gold hunter you have to change coils if you want to relic hunt and go hard core gold hunting. So they advanced it into a gold machine that will make some of us happy but doesn't help me out!

A lot of grousing from people that expected the world and then are upset that everything did not come out at the rally . . . XP was just as disappointed in the fact that they found an issue at the 23rd hour but holding it back was the right thing to do.

The complaint that the update is focused on gold prospecting should be tempered with the fact that despite what many people think here in the US, the US market is a drop in the bucket when it comes to worldwide sales and while XP would love to make a detector that does it all, there are limitations and the sales worldwide is what drives the updates. In fact there are two distributors in France that each sell more than what is sold in the entire US . . .so numbers drive development. XP could have simply released a Deus II and sold an entirely new detector . . . do you think that Minelab would provide a free software update to revise the CTX 3030 or would they release a 3040 and sell a new detector . . . The Explorer family tells the answer to that question.

Before bashing the product that is not even out, let's allow XP to work out any kinks and then judge the performance. The comment that there was no feedback from hunters at the Rally is not quite accurate . . . the hunters that wee there do not hunt for the type of targets, in the type of conditions or look for the same type of responses that US hunters do so what feedback were you expecting? I tested the coils and software while there but again, until I see what is actually in the final version of the software and how it performs in the ground we have here in the States, would my feedback even be relevant?

I tried posting some information when I was over there and was immediately blasted so at this point, waiting until the release is firmed up seems to be the smarter approach.

I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't at times.

If the Deus works for you running V3.2 then stick with it. If you bought it for planned updates, well . . . I'd rather be digging than waiting. A lot of people are still waiting for the CTX 3030 updates that have never arrived.

Andy

Some of us are just venting. It is still one of the best machines out there and the update may even make it better. No harm no foul and if I did go over the top I'm sorry

Andy,
I have to say that for me the DEUS is the best machine for me no matter the updates.
Some people are impatient and are never satisfied.
Like the saying goes " ya can't please everyone"
The update will either help or it won't.
I'm in the wait and see camp.
Now if only XP could make the DEUS dig the targets for me....