Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Officially a treasure hunter now

leesumm

On the way home with the new Bounty Hunter I stopped at walmart and spent 1.50 on a cheap garden trowel and one of those forked weedeaters , a fork on the end of long stem both .75 cents apiece. a big investment. Got home and went to bed late last night and got up at 4 this morning , couldnt wait on daylight to see what was happening . At daylight started to rain, its rainded all day till noon. Today is the last day of one of those traveling tool sales so went to see what was out there ..Found an ice pick for .50 cents I think, Got home, its not raining, first time out in the yard and with the MD. in I think about 10 minutes had a some pennies a quarter, maybe a dime, a 9 mm shell case , Was thrilled for a quicky hunt between rains. At the first sound I stuck the ice pick in and it hit something about an inch and half down. then I took the .75 trowel and pushed in at angle and plopped out a plut on the end of the plug was a dull penny. Well it works I am happy now to find the big treasures LOL

WTG

I'm always on the look out for anything to make recoveries more efficient

and neat if need be.

It's just that I love this hobby and think about it all the time.

Happy Hunting,

Well I dont know if it was just luck or what. I havent read any where , where someone used a ice pick but for .50 cents I thought what the hell it might work . I know I got a lot to learn but it wont stop raining here LOL

Just be careful jabbing that ice pick....really easy to mess up a old coin, or take the diamonds right out of a ring setting...

HH,

BH-LandStar

I bought two in a package together , some kind of promotion type thing , The good one is a Bounty Hunter Lone Star the other is made for a child called Treasure tracker. but it looks similar the the junior The wife took the junior to play with I also got a set of head phones with the deal

I heard no mention of pull tabs or tin foil. Great start, but for me its just not a treasure hunt till that first pull tab hits the daylight. [grin]
HH Sir,
Doug in Or

Don't get me wrong , I find pull tabs about 100 to one coin and that coin is a penny most of the time . And pop cans or beer cans which now I consider myself a professional on those . I can find cans and pull tabs when there isn't any thing else. I, like most are anxious for warm weather . The wife talked to her daughter in Missouri and her husband has a friend who says on his property has found "some civil war" relics and says to get up there . He isn't working now, and was thinking of a MD but didn't get one . She says where her husband grew up there is rumored of some more civil war areas and some buried gold nuggets . As soon as Missouri thaws out we are a taking a "road trip"

Congratulations Lee, on your success.

Us big-time metal detector guys got ratings, ranks, and merit badges, y'know...:clapping:

When yah buy the machine, power it up, and pass the coil over a promising spot, yer a treasure hunter.:detecting:

You now have the coin shooter merit badge for your success!:)

You get other merit badges for research, and finding new sites.:thumbup:

Persistence will get you a merit badge with oak leaf clusters!:super:

HH
rmptr

hey me too, i am now a treasure hunter too, went to wally world today , as you all know i just purchased 2 qdII machines with gold nugget coils for each with headphones for each also, not to mention a treasure hunting for beginners book, but today wife and i went to wally world and bought 2 trowels, 2 strainers, a few toothbrushes to brush off the dirt from finds, some little squirt bottles to loosen up tuff stuff, some 3 pronged rakes, two fanny packs, 2 back pack, a first aid kit, and some ice cream, i was thinkin i could eat the ice cream while the kids took the tools in the yard and cleaned it up a bit.