Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Officially happy with my Explorer SE

matthias

Well, after about 6 hours and a little frustration I think I'm beginning to get the hang of this detector. I must admit I've only had it in my backyard which I have pounded with other detectors and multiple coils. Yesterday I got a 1907 IH cent. This is the first IH I've pulled from the yard and it was about 10" down. I've had to order a Lesche T-handle shovel to help me keep up with the depth of this detector. I know my yard holds more old coins. Now I'm sure I've got what it takes to find them. On a separate note I picked up a small container of coins at a yard sale this past weekend- mostly foreign coins not special but there was one 1883 V nickel in OK condition. Thanks for reading. HH. Matt

OK. In less than 2 months of owning my Explorer I found my first gold today. It's not big or heavy but it is solid 14K. I was using the SEF 6x8 coil. Ring was found about 4 inches down. Low grunt sound. I have been detecting for about six years and never found solid gold until today. Thanks for looking. GL and HH. Matt

Yes. I had an hobby jewelry maker look at it and he said it looks like a cut ruby. There are also 6 tiny diamonds surrounding the stone tho one is missing. Thanks for looking. GL and HH. Matt

Good luck and happy hunting sledman248. I haven't ventured much out of factory Smartscreen in the 3 or so months I've had my Explorer and have already done really well with this detector. I am also using headphones for the first time in my six years of detecting and have found that the Sun-Ray X-1 in-line pin-pointer is really important to me with this detector. I still use my Garrett PP with it, but now that I'm digging such deep holes I'm finding lots of garbage on the way down to my target. The Garrett PP is good for clearing out the garbage making it easier to PP the intended target. I'm using the SEF 6X8 almost exclusively and thinking of going even smaller. Matt

10 Inches is superb depth , some of the faint signals can be coins at 12 inches deep. I never found one past 10 inches as yet though but I am trying... Doc coins........