Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OG Gold Bug 2 Snags 245 Gram Gold Nugget

Ant

Well I found what turns out to be a 245 gram gold nugget with purity between 18 and 20k. I determined that by conducting a density test. The gold nugget displaced 15.5 ml of h2o and weighs 245 grams. Gold has a density around 19, lead about 11, and copper around 8, that's from the top of my head.

The formula calculation:

245g / x15.5 = 15.80
So the nugget has a density of around 15.80, gold :).

I wanted to add that I've found thousands in coins and pushing a pound of gold jewelry, and lots of relics. I found learning the GB 2 was like learning a language, it took 7 months then things clicked. And I still dig 50:50 keepers. Good Luck.

Hey thanks Digger70pa, here it is after 3 twenty minute treatments in muraitic acid. I stopped at this point leaving some of the chalsedony coating to keep it from looking man made. It took me 11 years to hit it. This is a nugget that when they ask how much the answer is "if you have to ask that you can't afford it". Yes it looks exactly like that, thanks again.

What a find. Do they always come out looking like that out of the ground ? Initially it almost looks like a piece of meteorite.

It almost looks like its poured with some of the flat spots,find of many life times.:clapping:

Wow that is amazing! Congratulations! Very inspiring, I just picked up an original Gold Bug last weekend for $175 & went out to practice digging faint zips in hot ground (abandoned hardrock mine) as most of nuggets out here are probably 1 gram or less. Very impressed with the Old GB, digging pieces of lead shot less than 1 grain. Very hot machine. I can imagine that giant gold specimen would have sounded like you swung the coil over a cannon ball! Was it found in CA? I won't tell, haha!

atomicscott, rest assured bigger nuggets have been found in CA so its not a huge secret. Please be aware the original GB is NOT close to a GB2 in performance. It works fine, but the GB2 is superfine (especially if you have a thing for small foil).

AWESOME FIND ! Must be hard being excited after finding a monster like that. A lot of us dream about finding large nuggets ( like 1/2 or 3/4 Oz) but that is a freakin Boulder ! :) Imagine if you found that in a river, you would sink to the bottom of it LOL :)

Is it possible that's some old-timers fines and small nuggets melted and pour.
The globuals are so pronounced and fragile,if it's a raw nugget it has to right at the source.

Ever find out if it's gold?
Looks poured.