Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK…WS6 as Master (can this be done?)

IDXMonster

So a Deus 2 comes with the chassis, coil, WS6 puck/phones and remote control. What would stop someone from buying a separate chassis and coil and controlling one setup with the RC and another setup with the WS6 puck? If someone wanted to share, and it was OK with both people…could you not have (2) Deus 2’s for the added price of chassis and coil? Am I misunderstanding how this works? A coil is 400$ and you could use about anything for a chassis…does XP even want me talking about this?🤣

So a Deus 2 comes with the chassis, coil, WS6 puck/phones and remote control. What would stop someone from buying a separate chassis and coil and controlling one setup with the RC and another setup with the WS6 puck? If someone wanted to share, and it was OK with both people…could you not have (2) Deus 2’s for the added price of chassis and coil? Am I misunderstanding how this works? A coil is 400$ and you could use about anything for a chassis…does XP even want me talking about this?🤣
No Kevin---XP DOESN'T want you talking about this!!!-----SHAME, SHAME on you!!!!! :)

No Kevin---XP DOESN'T want you talking about this!!!-----SHAME, SHAME on you!!!!! :)
You KNOW I’m an instigator Del! How is your wintering going? Any spectacular finds in Cali? I’m SO hoping this DEUS2 is something special…SO hoping.

That's been done many times...

That's been done many times...
So you don’t need the remote for the WS6 to work and vice versa? And is ALL of the functionality of the RC incorporated into the WS6? Like every setting, mode, etc? Every control is there?

I don't think everything is in there, but most of the important adjustments and I understand there are slots to save programs.
I haven't looked into any of this yet though.

I don't think everything is in there, but most of the important adjustments and I understand there are slots to save programs.
I haven't looked into any of this yet though.
That would be great if you have time, just to know. It would make sense if it were that way because I believe that’s how the Deus Lite is. I really like the options of the XP and how it’s modular….you can put the RC on your wrist, in your pocket…the puck the same…I like these ideas a lot. IMHO, Minelab really needs to look at this and come up with something similar. Even if it were FBS2 or MultiIQ set up like this, I think enough people like that technology that it would be worth it. I could be wrong…

You KNOW I’m an instigator Del! How is your wintering going? Any spectacular finds in Cali? I’m SO hoping this DEUS2 is something special…SO hoping.
You want something EVEN BETTER than the Deus 1???----We already got the best thing since grandmas warm sliced bread! :)

You want something EVEN BETTER than the Deus 1???----We already got the best thing since grandmas warm sliced bread! :)
Yes!🤣Ive never run a D1 but I have a CTX, it has to be markedly better than THAT or there’s no point for ME.

Kevin, yes you can run it in slave or master. Gary Blackwell has a video on youtube and explains it. And I'm pretty sure all the functions are available in the WS6 that are in the remote. He also stated a package with just the WS6, coil and stem will be available in the furture. Mark

Kevin, yes you can run it in slave or master. Gary Blackwell has a video on youtube and explains it. And I'm pretty sure all the functions are available in the WS6 that are in the remote. He also stated a package with just the WS6, coil and stem will be available in the furture. Mark
I’ll check that video Mark, thanks for the heads up!👍👍👍

I just watched Gary’s video explaining the WS6 puck and the control you can have with it by itself. I am floored! But the only thing I did NOT see was if the Silencer was available on the WS6 when using it as a master. Does someone know and if ”yes” what menu is it under? Thanks!