Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK All You Lurkers

JohnA

Trying to decide whether to purchase a X-70 or not? I lurked for a long time too and sent some PM's to posters on this board with all information very helpful and appreciated. So here is my take. My first choice in hunting is water with the Excal or Infinium. Next is dry sand beach and last playgrounds, ball fields,etc. No relic hunting. Used my Quattro with a 10X14 Excelerator coil with great success this summer, but the weight was wearing me out even with a bungie cord harness. I hunt a minimum of 20-25 hrs a week so decided to get the X-70 mainly for weight purposes. Used the 7.5 khz std coil for about 2 hrs and it worked fine but got the 5X10 coil also. It stayed on rest of the summer. Ended up using the X-70 on the beach to the exclusion of the Quattro as I was after recent drops but was pleasantly surprised by the depth of the machine and got deeper and older targets. Just put on the 3khz concentric to see how it would do on older and deeper targets predicting mostly clad to the exclusion of gold unless shallow. Well, it finds clad at 12" plus(the sand was wet this morning after a rain) and found an aluminum can at 18". I was 99% sure it was a can but I only have about 10 hrs on the coil so I am digging everything except obvious bottle caps while I learn the coil. 18" on a can isn't that impressive but a relic hunter might get excited. It may go deeper on large targets. Does well on nickels and pull-tabs including parts of pull-tabs, so gold could be found. Bottom line, instead of the X-70 being my niche detector for non-water use, it will be my first choice. I will still use the Quattro with 10X14 coil for coverage and a little more depth on beaches I don't know or want to cover a lot of area. I will also use the Quattro and 8" coil for trashy areas. So far where I have gone, I don't think I will need a 6" coil with the X-70, but a 6 incher may very well be next depending on where I end up detecting. And BTW, it is a fun to use. Hope this helps.

Sounds like you have it covered..and well planed out.Good luck Sir hope you find a ton of good coins,rings and other valuable items.

I kind of figured as much given your earlier posts about how sensitive it was. Based on your opinion I will be getting one this winter. Thanks again.