Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok, been reading too much again. I want an equinox 800.

The answer to both questions---the E800 (in my ground, which is quite mineralized).
Metaldetectorguydiggindeep said:
You that have both which do you think is deeper, the t2 classic or nox 800. Which would you keep if you had to choose.

I dont personally own a E800 but i have used one,but i do own a T2 and have done for many,as the 800 only has at this moment in time the stock coil,i would say that when i use my Big NEL 17''x15'' coil on the T2 and run it basically in AM mode then the clear winner would be the T2 as a result of the bigger coil.

But of course its been suggested that Minelab will be offering a larger coil for the 800,what size that is as yet i dont have a clue,but for overall depth the T2 with the much bigger coil would really take some beating.Of course the question was about pure depth,of course using large coils on any machine will give you very good depth but of course predominantly on larger targets.

But as the original question was a open one rather than a specific question say on coins or Artifacts,then my reply is solely depth on artifact and i would of course only use it on specific site use like pasture or deep ploughed and rolled sites.

The nox is double the price of the T2, so I'll take the nox.

The CTX is about six times the price of a T2 - better deal. :heh:

Well since i have money falling out of every orfice in my body I'll just get the nox and the ctx! I shoulda thought about that. The equinox 800 runs right around 800 dollars doesn't it?

As i get older time becomes more precious and i want to do several things before i run out of it. I have 10 or 12 detectors, my thinking is to keep or acquire one good all around machine and learn to use it well. I would love a 3030 or a deuce but those are out of my price league.

I like most people like playing with a new toy but as Mega has said his t2 has served him well, i guess i would be smart to keep my t2 and save some money. Anyway my wife could always use another Michael kores purse or

It's not a T2 but my F75 has met the challenge of seeing every target my friends Equinox has seen and it swings better. However he gets to do a lot more button pushing:) and after the warranty , when one of those buttons stops functioning , what is it going to cost him when he has to replace that entire control handle????

Food for thought....................

Yes, it is a reason to reconsider what i already have. I do have an f75 se that i have never used and its already paid for. Thank you all that have given me some input. I have decided to keep the t2. And my silver u max. The rest is up for sale!

I too am getting older and time is flying ever faster. I've had way too many detectors for the time I've been a detectorist. I too have 10 or so units currently. I got an early 800 and the army of detectors has become dormant as I consistently grab the 800. 3 Excals and a CTX wait in vain for low tide. TDIs, CZs and Makros of all colors wonder if sunlight still shines. Don't wait. Get the 800 and make the most out of the days granted to you by the Almighty. Get the 800. Get the 800. Get the 800. Get the 800. Get the 800. (after your next keystroke you will wake and feel refreshed and place a call to a forum sponsoring dealer and get a deal on an 800...

800 imo is a great machine and I wouldn't trade it for 5 t2 detectors. Its deep and its very stable. It will outperform the t2 on low conducters no doubt. The T2 with one of those aftermarket coils will probably hold its own in my SOIL on high conducters . The equinox is a great detector but has a lot of haters ……..