Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK Fellow F user's What signals do you look for?

IBdiggin

A look at hunting from a little different angle here boys and girls. In the parks, sports fields, and in town basket ball courts and beaches, we are always trying to notch out this, discriminate that, and avoid all of the non vital trash and iron we can so we can get a tone from that sweet sounding bounty. While scouting the woods I researched earlier this summer I learned of a few old farm sights that caught my attention. Most of the foundations have been bull dozed closed to reduce liability since most of the area is now recreational. These early inhabitants were not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination but a nice old anything is cool to find. So far it's an old dinner fork, a license plate from 1942, couple old bells that look to be from old alarm clocks. Maybe they are brass, I don't know. This is all new to me. Also enough rusted, flakey, nearly dissolved old medal that will give enough high tone false signals that sounds like you have just hit the mother lode. When looking for relics in these types of areas, exactly what types of signals do you F series swingers look for? -------HH

Sounds like a good place! The guys that hunt the old foundations get pretty good at figuring out what went on in certain spots from what they find..bunch of old slag or coal could have been where a smithy set up to show some horses etc...some guys try to find the outhouse and dig it out looking for old bottles or who knows what! Sounds like a fun puzzle to try to unravel when a guy gets to hunt an old house...I dont do it much, but the forum down the page whats it called? Charles Biel posted there a lot about hunting old foundations, you could learn a lot reading that forum..let me go see what its called, not enough coffee yet! American Ghost Town Hunters! You go back through there to some of the posts with pics and advice you are looking for to give you an idea of how they do it...
Mud