Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK, folks! Sell me on the GB Pro!!!

I've got the itch to try something new and Del suggested the GB Pro which I've never really considered before. I currently use an Etrac for ghost towns and an M6 for modern public areas. The M6 is great for gold but a little heavy.

Would sure love to see what you folks love about your GB Pro's.

Of course I would also love to see what you folks DON'T love about your GB Pro's.

Thanks for sharing your opinions!

Well I got tired of my Explorer SE and its limited ability to find the smaller stuff including small gold jewelry. So sold the Explorer SE and started looking again. I had owned a G2 before and liked it so I found a deal on a GBP in the classified forums and bought it. Very happy I did this. The GBP will find my wife's 3mm gold chains with no problem where as the Exp SE would not even register on this even when rubbing the chain on the coil surface. The GBP will pick up these chains at 4 to 5 inches; impressive. I have both the 11" coil and the 5 " coil for the GBP. My 5" coil is the NEL Sharp which is very good but fits a little loose on the shaft see needed a shim. For coins the G2 or GBP are very good and I have found coins in fields that have been hunted with the Minelabs. I believe the faster recovery speed and superior performance in iron/ nail infested ground accounts for this. Some coins have been in the same hole with nails, etc. The GBP will go plenty deep too, maybe not quite as deep as the Minelabs on coins but I don't care to be digging 12" deep holes in my city parks either. 8" on a dime is no problem for the GBP. It actually finds pull tabs deeper than this due to the higher frequency maybe. I am mainly looking for gold jewelry these days so this is the right detector for the job. Has manual ground balance which you need to do correctly to get the best performance. This is not automatic ground tracking so need to check this in all metal periodically. I imagine for gold nugget hunting this is a very good machine. In all metal the readout will display the ground balance setting vs mineral levels so you can see when you are drifting off balance. I like the big target ID readout scale and numbers; easy to see with these old eyes.

great machine
its a gold bug :fisher:
you cant have mine :detecting:

The s rod is the only difference.

A few years ago I ran some in ground tests using some gold jewelry buried at various depths. I compared the GBP with V3I and another detector I can't remember right now. I varied settings with each machine to try and peak it out for the objects. The GBP consistently hit hard on smaller gold items like thin ladies rings and earrings. I had wondered if I was missing small gold jewelry and like most people wanted to make sure I was not wasting any more time and energy than necessary. The other machines were pretty much weak hits or none at all after about 3-4 inches. The GBP also hit very well on silver and clad. It was very light and very quick response. It seemed like it was pretty good to about 7 inches in my local conditions (high mineralization-around 82). I no longer have the GBP since I sold it to get some funds for a Deus. There are times I wish I still had it but now I am interested in the new F75LTD or the F19 to fill the void. Maybe after the first of the year I will look into those.

The GBP and GB2 are not even close to being the same and they don't look anything alike. The new GB and GBP look the same and are the same except the Pro has VCO and an adjustable tone or V-Break. The GB2 is the much older technology and runs up there in the 71 kHz frequency and the newer Gold Bug and Gold Bug Pro run at 19 kHz. I absolutely loved my GBP and used it around ghost town sites, and Railroad sidings. It was also my go to Dry beach sand detector with the 11" coil. I have since replaced it with the F19 which is basically a Gold Bug Pro with the added features of a backlight and a variable notch.

Good answer Slick but he asked about the G2 not the GB2. Fisher needs to work a little harder coming up with names that are more distinct.

pasttom, my bad. If I'd read better my response would have been much easier to type.

So you want all the gold for yourself? :nono: