Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK Garrett

cymro

Hi John

If you have any influence with Garrett how about a non to gentle push in support of the loyal but apparently totally forgotten Infinium users. I applaud Garrett on their new detector, but it is not a PI and it is well past the time that they produce an enhancement to the Infinium or a totally new PI. The annoying thing is that the Infinium only needs an addition of more sensitivity to small gold to make it competitive with the other manufactures.

I have spent 3 months prospecting with the Infinium and I would make the following points

It runs quiet with a stable threshold on some very tough ground in Victoria (Australia golden triangle)
It failed to find sub .4 gram nuggets that another manufactures product did find ( direct comparison over normal ground. NOT A TEST BED)

I like the Infinium, it is well priced but needs some attention from Garrett

Dave

I think that garrett have lost the plot.
The At Pro is riddled with problems and now the AT Gold which looks like a slightly modded AT Pro to be hot on gold??
It will need to be a hell of a lot more reliable than the AT Pro.Also I doubt that it will compete with the likes of the MXT, GMT, Gold Bug Pro,& SE unless the price is right.
There are any number of coin and relic machines around today that can double as half decent gold detectors in mild ground, so for the AT Gold to be better it will have to be extra good in extreme iron mineralisation.
Even detetors like the MXT, GMT etc are struggling to outperform the ML PIs in hot ground on very small nuggs so good luck to the AT Gold.
Why the blazes garrett didn't capitalise on the Infinium by improving the sensitivity is beyond me it is a great machine that could have been made even better. Maybe Garrett does not have the expertise or know how to develop the Infinium further.They seem to be stuck in a rut??

The Infinium is excellent for what it is and I will not be parting with mine any time soon but come on guys , the big deep nuggets are few and far between these days but the fine gold on or near the surface in amongst the ironstone is plentifull and the ML PIs are sniffing it out very well and efficiently.

The High frequency VLFs are very sensitive but are still stymied by the iron mineralisation and that is where the ML PIs are beating them.and as the price of gold rises all of these tiny bits of gold suddenly become worth looking for.

As My Infinium stands today it will respond to nuggs as small as 0.1gm but you have to listen very very carfully for the tones whereas the ML PIs sound off quite well on these small bits at quite good depth 3 to 6 inches in hot ground). The high frequency VLFs battle to get more than an inch into this ground.

I know that the Infinium penetrates the same ground with ease but will not respond to well enough to these small nuggs and I cannot help feeling that a little bit more coil development for the infinium would solve this problem.

Rumors are Garrett is working on an upgrade to the Infinium...when will it be out? No clue. Hoping for sooner than later. But I'll get me an AT Gold and check it out in the mean time. Been waiting for a Scorpion update for 10 years! Woohoo, its here!
Alan

I would very much like to try the AT Gold but I will wait to see if it has any glitches first.... I would hope not after all the kerfuffle that the Pro went through.

bearkat4160 said:
Rumors are Garrett is working on an upgrade to the Infinium...when will it be out? No clue. Hoping for sooner than later. But I'll get me an AT Gold and check it out in the mean time. Been waiting for a Scorpion update for 10 years! Woohoo, its here!
Alan

Hope you have success with the AT Gold. I already have a VLF, our goldfields here in Australia are heavily mineralised and VLF's struggle on depth and coping with the ground. I am happy to hear that there might be an upgrade on the way (LONG OVERDUE) because it is so frustrating to have the Infinium work with a stable threshold and good depth but poor sensitivity to small gold.

However took my Infinium out on a local beach today, first time with my mono coil, fantastic depth, ran quietly over some hot rocks that drive my VLF nuts. Even found a target underneath a decent sized hot rock, very impressed and $20 richer.

All the best

Dave