Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK guys and gals...I was out with my Compadre yesterday...........

cspene

in a real trashy, old yard. I ran the disc. up to zn. pennies and was digging old nail after nail with two way signals!!! Why in the world was that??? With the nail on the ground, it would knock it out fine. Two way, good sounding signals. Thanks.

They must have been in the ground a long time.

With the disc up high like that, can you still get nickel, pop top, lead ball? If not, then the Disc Potentiometer may have failed. I had that happen on my Cutlass II. See if it blocks out other targets by doing an air test.

I don't know about the how mine would act with the disc that high but mine does the same thing, if it is a 2 way signal, most of the time it is bent nails or odd nails, by turning the coil 90 degrees and resweeping, you should be able to cull most of them out, in other words wait for a 4 way signal in nail trashy areas.
HH

Try the "twitching" method over questionable targets. Center the coil over the target and whip it rapidly side to side about two or three inches each way. This will often give a more accurate signal.

Bill