Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok, here's a tip for cleaning the inside of your detector shaft, no matter which size wall it has....

plugger

Buy yourself one of those long-handled brushes that you use to remove lint from a dryer and use it along with a hose to flush out your shafts. It doesn't take long for the "Varnish" to build up in a shaft so if you aren't going to take it apart every time you hunt, think about why a thinner wall shaft and a lower rod lock makes sense. There are many ways to build detector shafts and to each their own, as long as you are happy, I am happy.

Plugger

plugger said:
Buy yourself one of those long-handled brushes that you use to remove lint from a dryer and use it along with a hose to flush out your shafts. It doesn't take long for the "Varnish" to build up in a shaft so if you aren't going to take it apart every time you hunt, think about why a thinner wall shaft and a lower rod lock makes sense. There are many ways to build detector shafts and to each their own, as long as you are happy, I am happy.

Plugger
Thanks for the great tip Bill.:thumbup:
I usally just flush with warm fresh water and maybe a bit of dish soap, but I'm sure there is some build up inside and I'm going to try that "dryer brush" trick.:cool:

I use a short bottle cleaner brush on a string, most housholds normally have one of some discription(don't let the wife catch you using it) i also have a shotgun cleaner kit that works too