Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK I am back from Myrtle beach and last night my final night. The vision finds.

Jason in TN

GOLD and SILVER.

Ok after a bit of frustration and leaving the vision at home while out playing with my other detectors. I took the advice of ak_1234 and finding a 950 coil from a buddy
it was the older flat one and could only get the gain to 7 before it would overload but could get the sensitivity to about 89. Decided last night out the Vision was going to the beach
with me to do some hunting even if I had to stay in the dry sand. The 950 runs much better than the DD in the wet stuff It made my Vision usable in the wet sand with the DD I
could not use it at all. Would still get a little falsing now and then but was able to tell if there was a target there ID was better but still not great. I dig anything but Iron at the beach anyway so
this was not a big problem. The 22.5 always was the strongest freq no mater the target in the wet sand. The V is sensitive to small stuff for sure dug some tiny pieces of foil and a earring
too. Over all I was pleased in the inprovment the 950 coil made. Think I will get one that is optimized for the V and take it for another spin around the fourth of July. Will let every one know how that turns out. Thanks for reading and here is My Visions first gold. Gold ring, Silver ring, and silver charm. All form the wet sand. Thanks for the advice and I hope the 950 V ready will make my V better at the beach.

Jason

Found this at White's V3 FAQ's:
Why does my V3 false when I bump the coil on wet salt sand?:
This a problem inherent in DD coils, they are very sensitive to bumping on wet salt sand. Try to keep the loop 1-2" off the sand. The 950 loop is very stable and quiet in wet salt sand, even when "scrubbing," and is the recommended coil for this application.

Again from White's V3 FAQ's:
Why does my V3 false when I barely touch the coil to regular ground?:
A few of the 10" DD loops have exhibited shielding problems. If the problem goes away with a different loop, then have your dealer or the factory exchange loops.

I remember reading about some test to tell if the coil is defective....something to the effect of turning down the gain to 2...if the unit beeps when you touch the coil, the coil is defective. I'd do some research on that.

I'm always trying to learn more and I found, during two months of serious evaluations, that the 950 worked better for me than the other larger-size coils. My personal 2-coil pick for the Spectra V3 are the 5.3 Eclipse for the bulk of my hunting, and the 950 Eclipse for low-trash/open-area coverage. I, too, need to get a V-tuned 950.

Monte

Thanks for the reply Monte. Whites has been a great help and are still working with me on my V3 and the beach. Making some changes and getting some info and help from Carl
and plan on taking it back to the beach real soon. I am addicted to the sand ocean and beach hunting.

Jason