Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ok I need some help from a MXT Master :)

Morris

ok I have a new MXT I had for a few months now for the last week I cant get it to stablize I turn the gain to the factory setting
and it chatters bad I have to turn it down to 4 or 5 to get it to stop I thought it was the coil so i put on the whites 12' and it is the samething.
could it be the recharable battery ?...

Thanks
morris

I've had very erratic beeps etc. on one of my machines when the battery was near death. Has happened several times and a battery replacement took care of the problem. Don't really know if the MXT would act that way or not, but maybe. I don't use the rechargeable battery in mine so have no experience with it.
Good Luck,
Bill

I would start with the battery. Make sure you have at least 10 -12 volts at start up.

Make sure you have tracking ON and make sure you ground balance. If you can't ground balance, lay the coil on the ground and allow it to track for a few seconds. You might want to switch to prospecting mode and notice your ground phase number. If its near 80 or higher your ground is pretty hot or you are trying to balance over a target. Then switch back to whatever mode you are hunting in.

If after all of this you are still seeing a problem then its probably the machine.

Good Luck!

ok I tried what you said to do and it looks like it worked the rechargeable battery park maybe going bad???..
the mxt says it has a rating of 10 volts has the chatter the new batterys says they are a 12 volts and no chatter..
Thanks for the help..
morris

10 Should be plenty of juice, however the rechargables drop quick when they get low. If it continues, try a set of alkalines just to make sure you don't have a battery issue. Also check your ground balance to make sure it is good. After balancing, hold the coil waist high, then lower it to the ground, the threshold should stay the same but a slight increase is OK.

Mine works good down to around 8 volts. Once it hit's 8 it starts chattering more and acting erratic so I always change batteries when it hit's 8.

Thanks for all the help I replaced the rechargeable battery pack with a new set of AA batterys and it works fine now..

Thanks again
Morris

I have heard that most rechargeable batteries (even good ones) Recharge to only 75 to 80% of their actual capacity. I do not know this as fact!!! When I was going to get rechargeable for my backup machine which takes 9 volts I did a little research and found this information. Because the MXT takes 8 batteries I don't know if this would be a problem, but I just thought I would pass the word along.

Happy Hunting, -Sterling

I've used rechargeable batteries in my MXT and didn't like the chatter at all after about an hour of usage. I use the reg. alkaline batteries and have for almost all the six years I've had my machine. Hopefully changing batteries will help out. I've known of a few on here that DO use the rechargeables and have no problems. Let us know what happens. Nancy