Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok, I'll be using a GB pro DP.....

JimGilmore

I've decided to go with the GB Pro DP to hunt the parks in NY. Hope to find a few coins to cover my new toy. Figure I will have 2 hours a day 3 days a week. Not counting days lost to bad weather.
Hoping to make some of the cost back before August...
BTW I have faith in MONTE.

I have a G2 and think highly of it, but there are better machines for park type hunting. I hunt all park type sites while the G2 & GB pros are great machines they are best suited for gold hunting, relic hunting and old house sites where you biggest enemy is iron, not a variety of foil, bottle caps, pulltabs and other higher conductor trash you will encounter in a park type setting.. If you.want a First Texas machine in that price range, Im thinkin you should look at a maybe a F5, or a Teknetics Omega.. wildherre
wildherre

Minelab Sovereign,
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab Etrac
Teknetics G2

Actally when I leave NYC I'll be back to the desert.....
So It is another toy for gold....
That can find coins too....

Jim,
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but my experience with my GB Pro indicates it is an outstanding coinshooter. I uses the 5" coil, and am constantly blown away with not only the depth, but ID accuracy of the machine. The 5" coil is exceptional when working in heavy trash areas, such as one finds in parks. I have an F75 that I've owned for a couple of years. When I go to the parks, these days, the GB is my main machine. Last night, I went back to an old home site it had worked heavily with the F75. The GB Pro found coins I'd missed, including a '42 merc. I've been detecting for over 37 years and have owned top-of-the-line machines from most of the major manufacturers. I can honestly say the GB Pro is the most enjoyable and capable machine I've owned. If it has any negatives, it's the fact that it eats batteries. But, that is easily overlooked with the number and quality of finds. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Gold Bug Pro.
Dave

Hey dave I dont seem to be getting depth.Then maybe the coins are not deep.
Does it sound real quite on deep stuff-whispery- then just look at you VDI-they seem to ring loud and true?

Just wait you will hear the deep stuff just wait it coming !!!

so in your view,the explorer se -pro,or the e-trac is the "better" park hunter?
if so,can you detail why you feel this is so,other than ,of course, that these detectors find more?
just curious!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Let us know if you start hitting stuff that you never picked up before like coins on their edge and multiple coin dumps. The ones on edge will hit hard like a regular coin but when you pinpoint it they seem to be kind of oblong and maybe a little large than normal coin size going in one direction and normal size at a 90 degree sweep. It's fun. Be sure to practice Dave J's tips on bottle caps that is pinned to this group. Congratulations on the new toy.