Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK, It's Down To.......

Dick from IA

.....a GTI-1500 or a GTP-1350 to be my next detector. Price will not be the issue, as they are less than $100 apart. I already have an Ace 250, with the sniper for tight areas, so coil size is not a factor, be it 7"x10" or 9 1/2".

I know a lot of you have used both models, and I also know more have 1350's than 1500's, so I'll take that into account, too.

This is a great forum; I really value everyone's opinions here.

Which one would I enjoy using the most?? I enjoy coin, jewelry and relic hunting equally, so would want the one that performs best in all three areas.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts :clapping:

Since you mentioned relic hunting, I would lean toward the 1500. And that's only because it has 5 different size categories, whereas the 1350 has 3. The 1350 is a little more forgiving then the 1500 for not being dead center over the target for sizing an object. Also, the new coil on the GTI detectors is a great improvement over the previous one, in that it runs more stable and tolerates a little more brushing against objects for falsing. Both get about the same depth. Both also have a variety of coils for hunting too. And...the price is about $100.00 different. I think you presently own a 250, so if you have a sniper coil for that Ace and a new 1350 or 1500, you will have a great team to find the "stuff".

Good luck with your choice. I know deciding to upgrade to another machine is a tough decision. Just keep asking questions and read through the answers. :)

I doubt there are more 1350's out there than 1500's. It has been out for several years - I know, I field tested it about 137 years ago. :)

Since they are identical detectors aside from imaging versas profiling that will be your only deciding factor. AS John stated the imaging is a little more veratile than profiling. Either way you will have a great machine and a real coin magnet.

Bill

I agree. If cost is no object, then get the 1500. It does seem to give you a few more sizing options, call it better resolution if you will. Whether this pans out in the field, I dunno. :shrug:

But, be advised that it requires proprietary coils, if you want to get bigger or smaller ones.

Not so the 1350. It uses Crossfire coils and probably others too numerous to mention. I like the profiling feature and find it useful - I suppose the Imaging would be the same.

Either way, your Ace is gonna get a little dusty for awhile.