Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok let me ask

Sleepyjim

Am I the only one who thinks this way.......

I see a post and pics of finds from different parts of the country and think "Man I need to detect there"?

I mean maybe if I was friendlier or Whittier or sent you gifts I could snuggle my way into your finds zone....LOL I see Calabash in Carolina diggin all thos bullets and buttons or I Todd and his old finds and CZ always coming up with great stuff, heck tons of you fellow detectorist all over make me think that way!

Maybe just a case of grass greener over there or honestly not being thankful for ones own area....I mean I have got incredible finds here in Arizona and I think if I was in South Carolina I would read my post and think "Man I got to get to Arizona". LOL

Do we all wish to expand our Deus areas of concurring?

LOL just a thought

Well If i send ya a PM and tell you how great your technique is and there is a small detectoring gift in the mail I might be coming to see ya! :rofl:

Jim

I can assure we all think this way. Generally, larger cities and/or rural sites east of the Mississippi, offer more opportunities for the older finds. Where I live I can travel only 70 miles east of my home and find more of the older coins and relics. However, I also lived in Arizona for a time and if I still did, I would be looking for gold nuggets and exploring western ghost towns all the time. best.

I never go anywhere, I'm still not done with my local parks and schools and I've been hitting them for two years, but yep,I'm always am a little or a lot envious of people who live in older parts of the world.

LTimedigger said:
I can assure we all think this way. Generally, larger cities and/or rural sites east of the Mississippi, offer more opportunities for the older finds. Where I live I can travel only 70 miles east of my home and find more of the older coins and relics. However, I also lived in Arizona for a time and if I still did, I would be looking for gold nuggets and exploring western ghost towns all the time. best.

Yep I do...... Arizona has coughed up amazing finds and I have yet to nugget shoot (but am going in 5 hours to do so....), I live where Cal. Nev and Arz all meet on the Colorado river, I love my area dont get me wrong but Calabash has been toying with my emotions with every video....LOL

Jim

I think there was a battle in Arizona.. Also some Arizona troops fought here in the transmississippi.. There should be training camps somewhere.

Will difficult sites make you a better detectorists ?
Perhaps those who have to work harder for finds, will eventually have a better understanding of their machine.
Personally I think it does.
Interesting topic.

Gary-B said:
Will difficult sites make you a better detectorists ?
Perhaps those who have to work harder for finds, will eventually have a better understanding of their machine.
Personally I think it does.
Interesting topic.

I totally agree the old saying "Easy come and easy go" comes to mind.:thumbup: jerry.

People out east wish they could hunt in England... everyone wishes to improve the quality of their finds..just human nature i guess..