Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK my fellow Jersey Hunters. Now we know what we are up against!

goodmore

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/04/nj_beachgoers_leave_nearly_a_h.html#incart_hbx

People are slobs and the world needs us.

I am suprised that they have not found a way to claim it was all left by the metal detectoring guys..

I take a short (usually an hour or less) beach combing stroll almost every morning here on the north shore of Long Island Sound. This is a small beach with heavy use during the summer. Trash of every kind washes ashore with each tide year round. During the summer it is hard to comprehend how people can walk away leaving the beach in such a trashy condition.:shrug:

After a long hot weekend it takes a dump truck to carry it all away. :thumbdown:

Angers and Saddens me,:angry:

CJ

I dont go barefoot anymore because of the broken bottles and also I started bringing a nylon mesh bag to carry some of the stuff off. Donna(NJ) collects and recycles some of the towels and some other things as well.
I mostly hunt the Seaside Heights area, lots of stuff left on those beaches during the summer.

This Government Should Be considerate of the Responsible people who metal detect on the beaches of America, Knowing that "We the responsible people" who detect on these beaches are also helping out in the removing all or some of the garbage that the irresponsible civilians leave behind .Let me be the first to say thank you to all metal detectorist who are picking up the left behinds of irresponsible civilians letting all civilians know that their tax droppings are paying for the removable by the detectorist

This summer, I am keeping every ball of tinfoil I find from the tourists sandwiches, that they conviently bury in the sands... tourists are great for gold n silver but lets face it, 90 percent of em are pigs.. so it will be interesting to see how much tinfoil I gather up this summer... frankly it just makes me sick the crap they leave..

This is one of my pet peeves. It also sickens and saddens me to see all the litter left behind by these slobs. I know this is an impossible idea but, I would like to see the beaches left uncleaned day after day and see what happens to all those slobs. Maybe they would get the idea that they are the ones dirtying out beaches? Really, as long the beaches continue to be cleaned up every day someone else, they will continue to throw their trash on the sand rather than in the containers. I realize this is not possible but I would really like to see something done to these people. Fine them, arrest them, make them clean the whole beach? Sorry for the rant, it's just very frustrating.

I was at the beach last Thanksgiving. It was in Jersey. A beautiful beach for sure. But there was just a tremendous amount of plastic trash on the beach that day. Grocery bags, diapers,a woman's shoe were some I remember. It made me think of that crying Indian in the old commercial. We do a service on these beaches. I don't need a slap or pat on the back. I do it because I was brought up with values. I am glad that some feel as I do. Walk it over to the trash can lazy asssss!