Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK You TS Users...

grumpyolman

I don't like to hunt with much discrimination but I am hunting areas that are full of deteriorating nails. It's freshwater. I started out with the discrimination set on one and still dug the nails. Then I moved it up number by number until I got to 4. I think it was starting to ignore them and I did find a nickel with that setting and was still digging a pull tab now and then. Think setting it that way is going to miss the gold if it's there? Thanks...jim

NO, not at all I always keep mine right on 4 and have found gold....once haha didnt kick out at all, sounded just like a coin. But I've only had mine for 2 weeks or so but I've tested it on gold around the house and all will get picked up on 4 but around 5 some gets cut out, especially some of the smallest chains. But yeah i'd have to say 1 is way too low. You will find yourself probably digging foil and all kinds of other unnecessary stuff. If you click on my name you can view my previous posts to see all that I've found.