Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Okay guys...let 'er rip

Daniel Tn

I was looking for a lower priced coin ID machine that got decent depth and was accurate on coins. I didn't want to invest a whole whole lot into it because I only hunt clad coins a few weekends out of the year (summer months). So the depth of the coins wouldn't really be a major playing issue...except in the wood chips and such, in which they sometimes put a new layer of them down and cover up the coins/jewelry. I don't hunt rings that much...but take them when they come to me. So basically as long as the detector can get down to 6-8 inches on coins I would be a happy camper and even happier if it could retain a correct ID on coins.

So two detectors kept coming up when people would give suggestions. Obviously the Garrett Ace 250 was one of those. And several others suggested a Whites model IDX Pro. The features of those two are very similar to one another...but the price of the IDX is about $200 more than the Ace 250. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience between the two and if you could give me further info on the Ace 250 or IDX Pro. I would like to see an upclose shot of the face plate on the Ace 250. On coins does it give an accurate lock or does the ID bounce quite a bit? This will be a strictly clad coin hunting machine. I know it would be hard to do...I've had $800 ID machines that would be fooled by them...but I don't favor digging zinc pennies. The notch feature is a neat feature but I like hearing everything the detector is reading in the ground. I've found with other machines with notch that some items may be on the fringe range of one notch window and you pass it up if you have that particular window notched out and it still be a good target. Thus why I like having an ID to give me a better understanding of what is in the ground. Not had a lot of suggestions for the Prizm series...not sure why as they look very good but maybe I've just not found the right group of folks that have them yet. Thanks,

Daniel Tn

Dan,
Did you ever consider a WHites Classic ID, its basically the same as the IDX pro but it doesn't have the black sand switch. I have a WHites Classic ID. It has the target ID and it accurately tells you what coin you have found in the ground. It is also cheaper than the IDX pro. HH

Mike has a good idea with the classic ID as you would never use the black sand switch anyway..
The flash technology of the ID or IDX makes it an excellent buy..Treasure ace 250 in my opinion is a nice unit also for the bucks, but the bongs you get while swinging was irritating to me and also the nickel facet is tooooo darn wide and takes in high foil, nickel, high nickel and a lot of tabs expect a lot of junk in your pouch compared to the nickels you dig...Certainly important for gold ring hunters...