Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Okay need some help?....

gsmith

Not a noob...been doing this for about 20yrs...have had minelabs before ( several x-terras ) but this is my first fbs machine...it's driving me nuts!...been out about 5 times and get more frustrated each time...got Andy's book, I've kept in on the factory settings, running with iron mask on ...everything in the upper half on the opposite side of the iron mask sounds the same!! nails,etc... I've only found 1 wheat and a clad dime that was near the surface ( in a area I know there is some silver and wheat's...been pulling them outta there for quite a few years )...but I've found a lotta nails....am I doing something wrong? Or do I just need more time in the field?...heck with the other dozen or so detectors I've owned in the past at least I've gotten to the point where I could kinda tell the difference between coins and nails by this time....very frustrating..sorry just had to vent...:(
Greg

You just need more time on it, it takes a lot more time than a beep and dig machine and be sure that you are using the smart find screen, and when it clicks you will go oh yea. remember repeatable signals.

Try switching to Ferrous sounds.
In Conductive everything from the top right to the top left will have the same sound where as in Ferrous the tones are turned from top right to bottom right.
The only thing that generally will sound similar as silver will generally be a crown cap from a bottle.
This is a great way to hunt if you hunt older home-sites and fields.
This picture I did below illustrates what I am saying.
[attachment 253252 mikeo.png]
Expect to put some good hard hours in on the XS until you start to get the hang of it.

I have the same problem. I am just being patient and trying to learn something from everything I dig. I enjoy learning a new machine and I know it is a never-ending process. These Forums are a great place to learn. Thanks everyone. HH. Matt

I have had my SE Pro for about 2 months. I only use the digital screen. If I get a high sound I will check and see if it reads in 90 degree directions. I really like to see the deep bouncy signals. I have dug 8" silver with a 12-28 one direction and a 10-29 the other or I will get a lot of numbers but if I see a good 28 or 29 conductive I will dig it. Nails here go 18 on up ferrous generally with 29-31 conductive and only one way mostly. High tone in two directions gets my attention.