Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OL (Overload) Question...

rwsnc

When the X70 passes over a large piece of aluminum, steel or whatever, it gives off an "OL" overload reading and sound.

Will it give off an "OL" when you pass over a large cache of coins or a mason jar full of silver dollars?

I just scanned this pile of found coins and the X-7- showed, "OL".

That's what I was afraid of. Was hoping that wasn't going to be the case.

Well I guess I will have to go back and revisited those OL reading that I have come across many times. We could be passing up the mother load! Great Question....

Android said:
Usually an OL can quickliy be identified.

Do you mean ... by digging it up or is there another way?

Yeah by digging it. For me it is almost always very close to the surface. I think there is a depth that it will not OL no matter how big the cache. OL for me seems too be big metal within an inch or two.

If its not on the surface, then raising the coil a bit ought to start giving it an ID as well as make it possible to use pinpoint or prospect to outline the target and get an idea of the shape and size (important, because if its a wire in the ground it will become quickly apparent with the length of the target and you want avoid that). To me, a lot of times if its a large enough target and not on the surface I'll need to at least open a hole and recheck the target. You don't want to make assumptions without enough information or you'll be bugged about the one you didn't dig.