Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OLD biker ring need info!!

found this today deep it's low grade gold ..when tested with acid it disapiered with the 10k acid after 4 seconds and it was brown green when i got it out of the sand
markings on the inside are S X 5 (THEY LOOK HAND MADE) then a C (THAT IS INSIDE A CIRCLE) 25
10 GRAMS FOUND ON a beach that i always find old coins in

if u know some old timer bicker ask around

BD, there are all sorts of vendors at swap meets, poker runs, rallies, Bike Week, Sturgis, Bean Blossom, and the thousands of other "get-togethers" that take place all over geared towards bikers.....many of which sell inexpensive (and some not-so inexpensive) rings/jewelery. I don't see any special significance of the ring you found (but I've been wrong before), and it looks to be (had been) plated? I doubt you'll come-up with much in the way of specific info. It seems to be designed after the Harley Davidson Logo/Emblem, but doesn't say "Harley Davidson".

Still a cool find!

Smitty

thanx for info i don't think its plated couse i clean it with a brillo pad and nothing came of but dirt ...but good info and i like the bad ass look of it ..

not plated just put a scrach in the inside and it's NOT PLATED it just the way the pic came out verry hard to clean between the groves is there a way to clean this of ??

electrolysis will clean it up. Take and old cell phone charger or laptop charger, cut the adapter plug off the end and strip the wires back about 2 inches. take a plastic cup, put a couple of inches of white vinegar in it and add about a tablespoon salt put the positive wire " the one with the stripe" around the ring and wrap the neg wire around a stainless steel bolt. drop both ends into the solution and then plug it in. should only take about 3 miutes and you will be able to wipe the crud right off!

HH!

Mike

That is a very cool find, I'd like to find something like that!