Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old bottle

bibelot

Since I haven't posted anything new, here is a bottle I found while out metal detecting.A 4 oz. non carbonated Pee Wee A from the Rochester soda water company, Rochester,NY.

Yesterdays hunt. 74 cents, a old beat up Park Sherman lighter, couple of bottle caps, a thumb tack that was unbelievably deep and an unidentified shard of metal that registered 95 on the Deleon meter.

This mornings hunt.51 cents ,a bullet and a 22 cal spent shell casing. I bought a 7" wide scan coil, have been pleased with its performance on the Deleon. These items were taken out of a 120 acre farm field. Pure luck that I stumbled upon them.The quarters were 1985 and 1986, about 7" deep in the field, probably have been plowed over year after year......

Nice! I like that bottle! Amazing how much glass you dig, mixed in with metallic junk. Not long ago, I dug up a small Tonka Toy about a foot down, surrounded by a huge tequilla bottle and of all things, what I believe was a glass syringe... I reburied it all. ^_^

From what I can find The pee wee soda was registered in 1947, I think the bottle is from 1954 from the markings on the bottom. Yes. it is in remarkable shape, most likely due to an old maytag washer with a clothes wringer arm was over it and a car hood leaned up against the old wash machine.Thinking there was a wood shed or something there, found a sledge hammer head and a wedge for splitting wood.

I've had good results from this Ames Planter's pal digger when I've had to dig.$6.99........

bibelot said:
I've had good results from this Ames Planter's pal digger when I've had to dig.$6.99........
That is the very same one I use. Works really well and saws through roots and turf great. Bought another one for a spare my woman got a hold of for her gardening. Second season with the same one and i'm not dainty with it either. Cuts better than those pricey Lesche ones that are so popular and you can buy 7 or 8 of them for the price of one Lesche.

I didnt know metl detectors picked up bottles , LOL. , I have never seen that soda before .Hey , I picked up bottles when detecting lots of times . Last spring I found all these at an old house site .

bibelot said:

If you sharpen the the edges of that V notch it and it will do wonders on cutting roots.

Ron in WV

Who is up on their forks? I dug this out of a farm dump in a hedge row between two fields.

That is a interesting bottle, ive never really gotten into collecting bottles but know a family member who does have a huge bottle collection. I have nothing against people who collect bottles but I dont find any personal appeal in owning a empty bottle. :)

Zinc Penny said:
That is a interesting bottle, ive never really gotten into collecting bottles but know a family member who does have a huge bottle collection. I have nothing against people who collect bottles but I dont find any personal appeal in owning a empty bottle. :)

Some are pretty awesome! Bottles are some of my favorite relics, but you need to locate their hiding spot by first finding metal... Nothing like hand-blown purple glass from the 1800s.
^_^

pinenut said:
Zinc Penny said:

Some are pretty awesome! Bottles are some of my favorite relics, but you need to locate their hiding spot by first finding metal... Nothing like hand-blown purple glass from the 1800s.
^_^

Lol

The eyes are another form of discrimination that I try to get in a habit of using . I'm still looking for that jar full of coins.......... I suspect I'll be looking at millions of empty bottles before I find a jar of coins. I'm thankful that it doesn't cost a lot to dream..........Lol.