Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old button that was found and never identified

Good day all. I found this button at an old home site where military buttons and an old eagle sword plate dating back to the mid 1800s was found and never identified it since it is worn. IT could possibly be a 2 piece button because there is a ridge on back but might be one piece as well.Thanks!

Soak that puppy in distilled water for a while to see if you can lift the black crud off the back. Use a thorn to gently lift the crud. There may be makers marks or words on the back. Lots of early fancy buttons are going to be from England and they marked every one. Peace Roy

Thanks a bunch for the tip I've never used distilled water before only olive oil and I've had mixed luck with the olive oil I really appreciate it have a good one

I use olive oil after I use distilled water. Crud means the soaks can be a week or more long. Public water has chemicals that could be reactive. Bad. Peace Roy

Thanks RFerrari!

I see a country landscape, with a large house and fields of corn. On the right is a pasture with 4 or 5 horses and in front are several soldiers sitting around a table playing checkets. There are two ladies in the window of the house reading a book. That's the best I can see

Hahahaha that is priceless Brian, thanks, I see it now too :)

I never really factored that in and certainly makes sense. Thanks for the tip.

rferrari said:
I use olive oil after I use distilled water. Crud means the soaks can be a week or more long. Public water has chemicals that could be reactive. Bad. Peace Roy