Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old coin found yesterday

skuzzb

while detecting yesterday in our local park i dug up this old coin,its a 1674,Charles II, Farthing,as i live in New Zealand its hard to work out how it got here as New Zealand was only discovered by europeans in 1642, Dutch explorer Abel Tasman but he didnt stay long,then in 1769, British navigator and explorer Captain James Cook came to New Zealand,so this coin is 348 years old,anybody have ideas on how to clean it,
thanks

That's in unbelievable condition. Great find.

this park has given us alot of old finds,i will put up some pics of the older coins.
Dave

here are some pics of the older stuff i have found since xmas,the oldest penny is 1885,lots of modern coins as well.

Dave,
Excellent Work on those nice finds. That badge for service rendered to king and empire is awesome. You found a great spot to find some real treasures. It looks like you are figuring out your 505 nicely. I hope the beach yields you some nice treasures as well. Good luck and HH.

Thats a very cool find! The only explanation I could come up with is that back in that time coins were used for a very long time, sometimes 50 years or more. But your piece is in such nice shape it couldn't have been in circulation that long. It must have been someone's memento or collectible that was lost.

Justin