Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old coins and silver found last fall and this summer!!

hellgrammite123

Here are a few more coins that I have found! 3 of them were found this summer and the other was found last fall. In the picture are a 1943 silver quarter, 1864 2-cent, 1916 S wheat penny, and a NY token.

The quarter, 2-cent, and penny were found on a neighbors property this summer. The penny and quarter were about 3 inches down, and the 2 cent was about 6 inches deep. You can tell that the 2-cent was made of copper because of the green color.

The NY token is a great coin. It was found at another neighbors property last fall just before the ground froze. It reads on the back side.....

Copy of a gold medal awarded to R & W Robinson for the best military, naval, sporting & plain flat buttons 1836.

The date is was made was 1836 and it looks old. It is the size of a large cent.

I have detected each property pretty well. There is always the possibility of more but I feel I have a done a good job. I dont have any intentions of going back anytime soon. But I expect to hunt some more old locations in the next few weeks. May even try my luck along the river bank again. I figured that I would start showing off some of my stuff and keep the metal detecting fever in all of us haha!! All these coins were found with the ACE 250.

Matt

Nice! :thumbup: I would have to beat a property to death after making those sorts of finds....before I'd walk away :detecting:

Smitty

Nice finds!:clapping:Thanks for sharing!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)