Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old deep coins

NathanShort

I'm going to a spot my grandfather hunted with his coinmaster 30+ years ago. This spot is just a flat in the middle of nowhere. No history to be found so i don't know what made him pick it. Anyway he found five 1876-1878 dollars spread out and an old pistol under the edge of a big rock. My question is how far down do you think he got an and what setting should i use (was told not a trashy area)? I'm using a xl pro stock coil.

76 ford said:
my grandfather hunted with his coinmaster 30+ years ago.
This spot is just a flat in the middle of nowhere.
No history to be found so i don't know what made him pick it.
Anyway he found five 1876-1878 dollars spread out and an old pistol under the edge of a big rock.
There were a lot of good finds made 30 years ago, or even 15-20 years ago, compared with today. Oh, they are not all gone, but many good sites I was working 40-44 years ago have been hammered! :( \

76 ford said:
My question is how far down do you think he got an and what setting should i use (was told not a trashy area)? I'm using a xl pro stock coil.
Unless it's a trick question and you know the depth and we're suppose to guess, then only he would know. It's tough to say. I've hunted one old railroad ghost town since May 4th of 1969 and in the last few years I have still managed to SEE (yes, visually spot) a Seated Liberty 10

I'm guessing they where deep. My grandmother died in 78 he turned mean and into a hermit. He died two years ago so I'm going off what my dad and uncle said.
Thanks I'll give it a try.

Spent six hours going over the area. found a harmonica,horse shoe nails and a 1898 Indian head. been trying to get pics. Oh and everything was no deeper than 2.5 inches.:)

The old man must of known something went on there I wouldn't forget about the spot anytime soon. Try some different settings or a better detector, spread out and find the hot spots you may be the only detectorist who knows about this place so take advantage. The more time you spend around there the more things will come together and you will figure it all out.