Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Dogs and New Detector's Grrrrr

Grumpyolddiver

Well I've been out once for about an hr &1/2 and while it did find acouple 4" pennies and a small heart charm that was about it. I was able to swing it just fine with very little shoulder pain. So that was good. But couldn't remember how to GB or noise cancel. The tones were to close for me to really get a good idea what was there also. Great detector with lots of potential if I can only remember how to make it work. With 3"+ of new snow and more on the way tonight it might be a couple days before the next chance to get out. Now if I can only find my way home tonight after work. :wacko::blink: Grumpy

Grumpy'
That sounds very familiar to me. I think I just need to read and read those start up instructions.
I did get out today and found 4 quarters, 6 dimes, 2 nickels and a smashed silver ring.
Hunted with my buddy Felix who found 8 quarter......but he is a true pro using the xterra.
Just takes time to jell with the new unit.
keep at it ! I'm using the 600.

Most of the important settings ....... you just hit the SETTING button. Keep pushing it and it moves. Some settings you hold it for a brief second and it puts a line under that setting .... meaning you went to another setting. The first two are what you are looking for...... air balance is first then GB. To auto GB you hold the disc button ... you should hear a slight beep.... pump your coils until the digits get stable.... then hit detect again to start hunting.

Best of luck to you with the new Equinox. You'll have it mastered in short order and be posting some great finds.

It could be worse ..... i’m one of those guys who could drive off with my detector sitting on the top of my car .....:blink:......

Oh, that IS bad Jim!-----I only do that with my finds bags & diggers!~:surrender:
synthnut said:
It could be worse ..... i’m one of those guys who could drive off with my detector sitting on the top of my car .....:blink:......