Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Explorer II .. still the best at sniffing out silver !

MNCoinhunter

As always .. very impressed with Minelab. Get through the learning curve and reap the rewards ! :detecting:

I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the EX2. It has great audio, great abilities at finding silver and copper in iron messes and is easy to run. Along with the choice of coils comes basically an unlimited potential in finding old coins. Fantastic machine....I love it just as much as my CTX...after all it's a Minelab!
Great to see continued success, it will blow your mind at times. These machines find stuff other machines will not even register on, much less correct ID and depth.

Very true .. I use an AT Pro also, and I like it .. but the Explorer has the edge.

Very cool find, congratulations! I love my Exp II no matter how old or dirty it gets.....

Thanks .. It is a 1911-D (USA) Barber dime and it was 6+ inches deep.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
What denomination is that coin?
How deep was it?

Nice find!

Nope, it rang clear as a bell. Although it did peg on the Smartfind as a clad dime, probably due to how worn and thin it was. I was pleasantly surprised.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
McDave said:
Thanks .. It is a 1911-D (USA) Barber dime and it was 6+ inches deep.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
What denomination is that coin?
How deep was it?

Nice find!

That's nice. Was their any junk around it like nails or bottle caps?