Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old explorer still hitting on those old coins

Ed (Upstate NY)

Parks are thawed and ready to go so off to one of my favorites today. A quick hunt netted me an 1864 two cent piece, 1870 indian head cent, worn shield nickel and a wheat cent. Great start to the detecting season.

Attachments

• 031220finds1.jpg
    031220finds1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 031220finds2.jpg
    031220finds2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 263
Parks are thawed and ready to go so off to one of my favorites today. A quick hunt netted me an 1864 two cent piece, 1870 indian head cent, worn shield nickel and a wheat cent. Great start to the detecting season.
Nice finds my friend! Looks like that Indian might clean up well. Was hoping for a spring trip to Seated- fingers crossed.

I have a Safari, and just added an Explorer XS to my stable, the only problem with both is having to dig coins 12" an deeper...if that can be called a problem o_O

I have been using an Explorer XS that I just got for the last couple of days, it is a one owner lightly used XS in great condition and I have been going over some spots that I and others have hit hard with a lot of other detectors including other FBS machines and I have pulled 3 silver dimes and a few wheat pennies using the stock XS coil. I was amazed at how well this bone stock detector did in these areas and how deep it goes, I was averaging 10 inches on the coins I found. Love this XS but I feel the stock coil is to heavy for it, but it performs very well.

I have been using an Explorer XS that I just got for the last couple of days, it is a one owner lightly used XS in great condition and I have been going over some spots that I and others have hit hard with a lot of other detectors including other FBS machines and I have pulled 3 silver dimes and a few wheat pennies using the stock XS coil. I was amazed at how well this bone stock detector did in these areas and how deep it goes, I was averaging 10 inches on the coins I found. Love this XS but I feel the stock coil is to heavy for it, but it performs very well.
Go with replacement E-Trac upper and lower shafts and a Pro coil, will be a deep deep killer beast, you will wear out a shovel lol.