Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old farm site

CR in Ft.Worth

Howdy Everyone, Been reading ya'll posts for awhile, figured i would try it and see if i could do it...love looking at all the finds. I have a friend that let me hunt on his farm today. It is the birthplace of his father (1930). The house is no longer there, just the rocks where the fireplace was and alot of foundation stone. He said the house was built around 1900. There is still a cellar and a couple of barns made of stone in the 40's. He said no one has ever detected the site and that they were very poor and so i probably wouldnt find much.I was pretty excited, worked my tail off. Not sure what i am going to do about all the nails and iron targets (a massive amount it seems like). Did find a few things with dates that looked promising. A 1920 & 1955 Wheaty, A Ft.Worth transit token dated 1942. A dog tag dated 1915, another coin that must be play money it is deteraiting and is real light,like puter or something.
I am still pretty new at this. What do yall do about all the nails and tin targets. (if this works,i can send a pic of the site) Thanks

Hi CR. Those finds are typical of what we find around the old farm sites here in north MS. Don't give up on the site because of the junk, that's also typical of old farm sites. The wheaties are a good sign, that means there's almost certainly a few silver coins there also. If you can locate where the old outdoor toilet was check around it, there's usually a coin two lost around them by folks trying to get their pants down in a hurry:). One old site I hunted gave up some relics right off but not any coins until the 5th trip there, got three coins that trip and ended up with around 50, mostly wheat pennies but a few indian heads, two Barber dimes and several Mercury dimes, before it stopped giving up anything of interest. The play coin is probably aluminum, most made after 1900 were. What kind of detector do you use? It's possible someone who uses the same detector can give you a few tips on eliminating some of the junk. Not a bad hunt, I've had many a lot worse.

JB

Hi CR,

I'm in Ft Worth as well...Watauga area - NE Tarrant county...If you'd like to get together sometime and do some hunting gimme a shout..I usually go alone so some company would be great !!! I usually work the local lakes (during warm weather) LOL, and rest fo the time hit all the local parks and playgrounds...amazing what you can find in a playground...(See my post in Friends and Finds Forum)

Rockyredbaron