Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old fisher gold bug M-scope................

nugget71

Bought one of these cheap and am very surprised how sensitive and deep it goes. Not bad for a machine made during the late 80's. Good ground balance and steady threshold......sensitivity was on 8 out of 10. I could hit my 1Gram nugget at 5 inches using ear-phones and small silver coins at 8-10 inches. Also came with a big coil so I'm yet to test that out which will be interesting. Looking forward to hitting some bedrock and shallow crevices.
Cheers!

Gold Bug has a loooooooooooooong history and many folks still prefer it to the GB2 and GB Pro. It sure was a HUGE step up from the good ol' Motherlode 660 and will go down in history as a real game changer when it come to nuggetshooting. Have a ball,treat with extreme care as parts are rare...John

Hi Nugget71,
I found my very first nugget with a GBI and have lots of respect for it's abilities. It is a good VLF and should serve you well. It really only needed a bit of discrimination to make it complete but at least you won't miss anything. You can tell the difference in tone between iron and gold once you get good with it but I always dug every target with mine.Good Luck!

-Pat The Jawa

The original GB was deeper on a "real" nugget than the GB2, if it had the disc of the GB2 I would still prefer it over the 2.

Appreciate the kind words.............just goes to show you don't need to pay mega bucks for a pretty good machine that has stood the test of time.
Cheers!

I bought my original GB for $200 twelve years ago with the 5" & 9" coils. I too dig every target just to be sure I don't miss anything.
And Mr. Hoser, I usually keep the electronic box in a padded case as if it were a ML-5000!

I don't use it a lot in Maine but it has been to Greenland-Quebec-Cali-Alaska and everywhere in between.