Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OLD GHOST towns Possible detecting sites..or even nearby activity sites for detecting if towns are off limits

Elton

Ghost Towns in Southwest Montana

Montana is rich in history. Places where you can reach out and touch the past, where history can be felt as you walk the floorboards of ghost town streets or step inside dance halls or school rooms.

Bannack Ghost Town Bannack

Charter Oak Mine and Mill Charter Oak Mine & Mill

Comet Ghost Town Comet

Coolidge Ghost Town Coolidge

Elkhorn Ghost Town Elkhorn

Farlin Ghost Town Farlin

Garnet Ghost Town Garnet

Glendale and Canyon Creek Charcoal Kilns Glendale

Gold Coin Mine and Mill Gold Coin Mine & Mill
Granite Granite

Marysville Marysville

Nevada City Nevada City

Pony Pony

Quartz Hill and Vipond Quartz Hill & Vipond

Rimini Rimini

Rochester Rochester

Virginia City Virginia City

Experience the old west at its best in Southwest Montana. From the Meade Hotel in Bannack with its huge spiral staircase and original wallpaper to St. Timothy's Chapel in Southern Cross.

As you walk through the now empty buildings it is easy to imagine cowboys enjoying a game of cards, miners coming into town from their claims, families attending church services or children rushing for the school room bell. The past comes alive in Southwest Montana where evidence still exists of the rich heritage that is Montana.

You know why ghost towns became ghost towns?
Because they couldnt make it economically. That's a fact.
Not exactly the greatest places to look for wealth.
But they are pretty cool from a historical prospective tho.
Still pretty sad places, none the less.
HH Kev :crazy:

It does the soul good to get out of the hussle and bussle of city life and go to out of the way places like ghost towns in the Montana and other wesrern states. Turn the flippin cell phone off and enjoy. Wife and I vacationed in the 4 corners area, AZ, UT, CO, NV. Made a big loop from Vegas up through the National Parks as far north as Arches and then down to Mesa Verde, Sedona and back to Vegas this past October. Best 12 days out of 2016. Visited WY, MT, ID and Canada in 2015. Hands down the western states are the most scenic states in the country. Seriously has us considering leaving the fast growing Charleston SC area for the slower pace life of some of the western states.