Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Goldscan_New Goldscan

desertdon

Since the board is a little slow, I thought I would post this again for all those interested in Goldscan history. The difference this time is the detector is sporting a 11"DD coil made by Reg Sniff. This detector was original made by Eric, probably around 1995. Reg has gone thru it and set it up to run at around 8USec, has Minelab connectors, can use either DD or Mono, has newer low noise electrical components, he removed high voltage hum in this model, adapted a Li_ion batterypack that sets under the back control box where clips were for probe, which has been removed for weight savings, plus his coil is a feather-weight. I think the detector complete is no more than 3# if that much!!! The pigtail you see hanging down some is for the headphones, the other pigtail goes to batterypack with quick disconnect. It has an arm rest strap, it is easy to swing for awhile. It is a very powwerful detector still, and I am glad to have it. Don

Hi Don and I am wondering what is a Goldscan unit from the late 80's worth if in good shape? Nice too meet you Don and God Bless. Wirechief. John's Detectors

Well, I would say a few hundred dollars, the problem is they need to be reworked to bring up to more modern standards, plus changes to make them work better. There is not really a place to do this here and few people qualified, unless they offer to do it. Frankly. it would probably be better for you to simply buy a current model of something. In Erics line ther GoldQuest SS is a good entry unit for both the beach and goldfields, after that when the new GS5 comes out, it should be top of the line for uses in those areas also. Good Luck, talk to Bill C. here at Surfscanner.com. Don

Mighty fine Don and thats what I figured,that it would need to be upgraded. Actually I would like to get it if it were cheap enough to use as a platform for learning and modifying the unit. Where I live there are no beaches or gold nuggets but want to know more about PI instruments. But it probably will get too expensive since it is on Ebay and overseas. The fellow says it is like new because he bought new and never used it. Thanks for your input Don and will cu later. God Bless. Wirechief.

If you can build from schematics, Reg has mentioned before he likes the "Hammarhead PI designed Carl Mooreland his site is "Geotech" I believe or put his name in search engine. Good Luck..Don

Hello again Don. Thanks for the info on the Hammerhead and I got that covered and just waiting on my PCB'S to arrive from Carl. Just thought I might want to play around with the goldscan but I'm sure there is someone out there that wants it more than I do hihi! I'll cu later Don. Wirechief.