Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old heavy deep axe head fooled me again :surrender:

deepdiger60

Yes once again i was fooled by big iron using my Sov.XS2 this time i wanted to try a few different setting i have a lot of very old property behind my house a field that goes all the way down to the main highway in that field i find very old silver and copper coins 1600,s 1700,s plus shoe buckles that go back to the 1600,s , well this time i had a very loud signal sounded like silver and showed a steady 180 on the meter i had to dig it and i dug and dug still no target my pin pointer said it was there so i dug more 15 inches !!! and finally i hit it a solid metal object the dirt by the way is like cement bone dry no rain in weeks very hard to dig but i was determined to get it out never thinking it was a large heavy axe head lol , oh boy fooled again by iron thinking my Sov would null it out :stretcher: lol this makes 8 big axe heads Ive pulled out of that field last one being a few years ago that's why i forgot even deep big iron will give off a good tone most axe heads are 1800,s early 1900,s my house is 126 years old , next time ill remember . Jim

yep a loud signal and the deeper you dig really tells you its gonna be iron or some tin or who knows, could be a cache.

One way to tell if your suspect and not interested in larger targets is to go to all metal and size the target, see where its edges are. The all metal pinpoint is a great feature.

Neil unlike the GT which iam used to using more i wasn't sure where pin point was on the XS2 but by flipping the toggle to all metal with that axe head i said to myself wow that sure sounds like pinpoint lol thanks for confirming that :thumbup:, i would like to get a hand grip with a button to just push to get pinpoint mode . Jim

Did the same last summer at an old Tasmanian railway station that had been closed for years. Had to contend with a bull-ant nest and temperature in the 80s to dig a great square piece of steel plate with a hole in the center down about 14 inches. Sounded like the sweetest silver. Unfortunately it was too heavy to throw far

Pete - Downunder

I think its a hint that you don't have enough wood split and stacked for the winter. :lol:

BH chores out here are endless being farm land but one thing made easy 1 year ago hurricane Sandy left enough fire wood downed tree,s to last years just a little more time to detect :beers: Jim

At the beach a couple of weeks ago I had a LOUD target that I knew had to be iron or steel. Curiosity got the best of me and so the sand scoop went to work. after digging half way to China I finally hit a piece of metal with the scoop. Finally extracted a horse shoe from one of the sets that they make for playing and not one that would have been used on a horse. I placed the shoe on top of a sand fence post to mark my turn around point on the beach and when I went back the next week it was gone.